Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mushroom Hunting


OK so one of our favorite pass times is hunting mushrooms. We just love it! It is our time to spend with family. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins come along and we have a great time. Some years are better than others. However we always have a good time. Whether our bounty is a plenty or not. I do have to admit that every year is different. Some years we find huge ones, but few. Some years we find lots of little ones...This year however we have found teeny tiny ones and huge ones. People have lots of theories about weather and soil etc....I personally do not know why some years are better or why in some areas all of a sudden there are tons. I do know that when the violets come out so will the mushrooms. I also know that they usually start popping out early May. Oh and yes I do know they are delicious!


Happy hunting! Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment